DPS is rooted in the mystery encountered during a slide across snow. Snowsports is what we do, and it’s who we are. We recognize that as a brand, manufacturer, and employer, we have a responsibility to treat the mountains and our environment with respect, so we can pass on our love of skiing and the outdoors to future generations.
- Sustainability is a core contributor in our decision making process. Material selection for our products is increasingly being made with environmental repercussions in mind.
- We are measuring the carbon footprint of our overall operations. This will allow us to make informed decisions on how to reduce our emissions.
- Because DPS is made in Salt Lake City we have a centralized operation with a short tail supply chain.
- The durability of our skis leads to an increased life cycle which exceeds industry standards. This significantly reduces overall waste.
- Additive manufacturing is the process of starting with a desired footprint, and iteratively adding only the material needed to gradually move towards a finished product. With our Pagoda cores and poured sidewalls, we’re closer to achieving this.
- We continue improving our carbon footprint by reducing manufacturing waste, and recycling whenever possible.
- We are actively investigating new packaging options for skis, gear, and softgoods to improve our footprint.
- Partnering with dealers to best support their internal sustainability initiatives.
- We partner with like-minded organizations for positive community outcomes; such as Protect Our Winters, and HEAL Utah.