PHANTOM can be applied professionally by an Authorized PHANTOM Installer using a Cure Station. This process takes approximately 20 minutes with minor preparation. Cure Station application, available at select DPS dealers, is the most precise and fastest method to apply PHANTOM to skis or snowboards, and is a reliable all-season solution during the low light winter months, especially in more extreme latitudes, and in wetter climates where sunshine isn’t as consistent.
- “I’ve heard of PHANTOM wax…”
- What is the difference between Original PHANTOM 1.0 and the Fall 2018 release of PHANTOM 2.0?
- How does PHANTOM claim ‘permanence,’ with a single application for the life of a ski or snowboard, no matter how often or hard they are ridden?
- How does PHANTOM’s glide remain consistent over extreme temperature swings?
- What is the financial benefit of buying PHANTOM instead of regular wax?
- Can a ski or snowboard base still be waxed after application?
- Do skis or snowboards still need to be tuned after application?
- What happens if your ski or snowboard suffers base damage that needs repair?
- Can I apply the treatment by myself at home, or while traveling?
- Can PHANTOM be used in other sports or applications?
- Does PHANTOM work with skins for backcountry skiing and snowboarding?
- Does PHANTOM change the appearance of the bases of skis or snowboards?
- Is there a shelf life or temperature storage requirement?
- What comes inside a PHANTOM 2.0 package, and how much of the contents should I use?
- Is PHANTOM affected by sintered versus extruded bases?
FAQ: Application (Prep, Curing, and Appearance)
- What is the best way to prepare bases for PHANTOM application?
- Can PHANTOM be cured by UV light, grow lights, indoor tanning lights, or any other kind of artificial light bulb?
- Can PHANTOM packages A and B be applied on separate days?
- What happens if the weather suddenly changes during the outdoor UV curing process?
- Does the outside temperature matter when curing PHANTOM under UV light outdoors?
- Will PHANTOM cure indoors if placed in the sun or near a window?
- Will heating bases, “hot-boxing”, or any other artificial warming in advance of PHANTOM application help the curing process?
- How do I know when PHANTOM is cured?
- Will PHANTOM application discolor base graphics?
- Is a PHANTOM base visually identical to a traditionally waxed base?
- Does the PHANTOM application process present any health risks?
FAQ: Warranty and Repair
- Does P-tex work for repairs on a PHANTOM base?
- If bases are damaged and repaired via P-tex, does this affect PHANTOM performance?
- Does PHANTOM affect my warranty coverage on skis other than DPS?
- Does the DPS two-year warranty apply to PHANTOM?
- My PHANTOM Kit arrived with a missing or damaged component. What do I do?