Job Posting: Staff Accountant
Job Posting: Staff Accountant
Become an integral team member in a dynamic and growing company. DPS brings a fifteen-year legacy of innovation, with a brand deeply rooted in the core of the sport, and products that are design and engineering obsessed. The Staff Accountant will assist with and manage the day-to-day accounting responsibilities for DPS. The accountant is expected to accurately manage and process the tactical accounting entries and reconciliations on a timely basis. This position also provides various support functions to the sales, operations, and fulfillment teams.
- General journal entries- record general journal entries as required
- Accounts payable- accurately create vendor bills and record payments on a timely basis (i.e. daily)
- Accounts receivable- create invoices and apply payments on a timely basis (i.e. daily)
- Cash- record all activity in client’s bank accounts in the accounting system on a timely basis (i.e. daily)
- Reconcile all bank accounts as part of the monthly close process (i.e. no more than five days after month end)
- Sales and use tax- calculate quarterly payments and file with state agencies
- Assist controller as required with weekly reporting and month-end account reconciliations
- Maintain general ledger and chart of accounts
- Assist the controller with all monthly balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations
- Suggest and implement operational best practices within the accounting and operations departments
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Enter order requests for non-sales department’s internal needs
- Ensure item profiles in ERP are updated contain all currently available data
- Track credit card payments, apply to invoices as orders ship and generally assist with AR reconciliation
- Create item UPC labels as new items are added
- Assist operations and accounting departments with projects as they arise
- Knowledge and understanding of the challenges and priorities of a young, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP
- Familiarity with complex ERP-accounting system preferred (DPS uses IQMS)
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skill required (Bill.com and Expensify experience a plus)
- Strong and verifiable technical accounting skills
- Ability to analyze existing operations and recommend and implement policies, procedures, and systems
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills
- The preferred start date is: ASAP.
- This job is located at DPS HQ in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah.
Apply at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains in Salt Lake City, Utah, DPS designs the world’s most advanced ski products by fusing space-age carbon technology with groundbreaking shapes. DPS is responsible for the world’s first and only pure pre-pregnated carbon fiber sandwich ski, the first 120mm-waisted powder pintail, the first rockered ski with sidecut, the Spoon – a convex three-dimensional shoveled ski with radical edge bevel and Phantom, a paradigm-shifting permanent, one time application environmentally friendly base-coating that eliminates the need for waxing skis and snowboards. DPS products are sold on five continents and are the trusted brand of choice for serious skiers worldwide.