FAQs > Warranty + Returns
The DPS Guarantee
As craftsmen obsessed with building the world’s most advanced skis, we are equally committed to the satisfaction of our customers worldwide. The DPS Guarantee has two elements, which we believe are the most favorable in the ski industry:
1. The DPS Factory Demo Direct Program
2. The DPS Warranty
The DPS Factory Demo Direct Program
For nearly a decade, DPS has successfully fitted thousands of skiers over the Internet and by phone. It’s an easy way to buy skis, eliminating lengthy buying trials and inaccurate referrals. DPS has pioneered remote ski fitting and we are confident in our ability of matching the right ski with passionate skiers around the globe. In fact, we guarantee the outcome through our Factory Direct Demo Program.
The program works as follows: Purchase skis direct from dpsskis.com. Once you receive them, ski them for three days within a fourteen day period, and if they aren’t the best skis you have ever tried since Howard Head glued metal onto a wood core, you can send them back for a full refund minus shipping at your cost, both ways. It’s simple and will give you confidence when buying direct from dpsskis.com. Unfortunately, this program is only available to North American customers at this time. You may also visit one of our Dealers if this is a more comfortable route for you.
The DPS Warranty
All DPS skis that are purchased ‘new’ have a one-year warranty against manufacturer defects and workmanship that applies solely to the skis’ original owner. While we try to make our skis as durable as possible, the warranty does not cover abnormal rock or rail-induced damage.
If you purchased your skis direct via dpsskis.com, we have your order information and purchase date on file to validate the one-year period claim. If you purchased your skis from an authorized DPS dealer, we can process your warranty through that dealer.
If you have a warranty claim, please call us at Monday-Friday, 9 AM- 5 PM MDT at +1.801.413.1737 or email email@example.com. A warranty return specialist will handle your claim. If deemed valid, a specialist will give you a return authorization number, and will request that you ship your skis to us at your cost (instructions issued with return authorization number). Once we receive your skis, and your warranty claim is reviewed and confirmed, we will contact you with options which may include: no-cost replacement, a free repair, or a pay-for-upgrade option for the latest model. All customers seeking a warranty claim must pay for return shipment at their own cost, facilitated via our warranty department.
*All warranty exchanges must be done for the identical ski and shape that was originally purchased.
How do I submit a warranty claim to DPS?
Step One—Contact Us
To initiate a warranty claim or inquiry, please start by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 801.413.1737 with the following information:
- Proof of purchase (i.e., copy of your receipt, email from store) if purchased through a dealer.
- Date of purchase.
- Order number if purchased direct from dpsskis.com.
- Serial number (stamped into the top sheet near the midsole marker).
- Ski length, model, and construction (Pure or Hybrid).
- Pictures of your skis that clearly show the area of concern.
- A brief explanation of what happened.
Once the above information has been submitted to DPS, you will be assigned a return number (RA#), which opens your case. Note: receiving an RA does not guarantee a warranty claim, but does officially open the case.
We will do our best to resolve your claim through digital photos. However, please understand that we often need to inspect a ski in person before we can decide if the warranty claim is valid. If we request that you return the skis to us, please complete Step Two.
Step Two—Sending the skis to DPS
The customer is responsible for returning the skis and obtaining a tracking number. DPS is not responsible for shipments lost in transit. Shipping and packaging necessities include:
- Remove bindings unless otherwise instructed.
- Affix the RA number assigned to you by DPS by writing it on the box, and with masking tape on the ski itself. Failing to include an RA number on the ski can result in warranty delays.
- Save the tracking number for your reference.
- Mail the packaged skis to: DPS Skis Attn:Returns, 2640W California Ave, Unit G, Salt Lake City, UT 84104
If your warranty is approved, your skis will be replaced with the identical year, length, model, and construction of the original pair at no cost to you.
We do offer upgrades for a fee if you’d like to upgrade to a newer model from your warrantied pair.
If your skis are not covered under warranty, we will repair the damage and return the skis to you at our cost.
How do I return a ski that I purchased that hasn’t been skied?
If you are returning skis under the DPS Factory Direct Demo Program, or you believe you have selected the incorrect model or length, you may return your skis for a full refund or replacement. Please proceed with the following steps to initiate a return.
Step One—Contact DPS
Email email@example.com or call 801.413.1737 with the following information:
- Your order number.
- The reason for return.
DPS will provide an RA number when your return is approved.
Step Two-Send the skis to DPS
- All new, undrilled skis are eligible for return or exchange
- All drilled skis, used under the exact stipulations of the Factory Direct Demo Program are eligible for return or exchange.
- You are responsible for returning the skis and must provide a tracking number for the shipment.
- Bindings must be removed.
- Affix the RA# assigned to you by DPS by writing it on the box, and with masking tape on the ski itself. Failing to include an RA number on the ski can result in processing delays.
- Mail the packaged skis to: DPS Skis Attn:Returns, 2640 California Ave, Unit G, Salt Lake City, UT 84104
Upon receipt of the skis, we will contact you and either:
- Issue you a credit (please be advised it often takes a few days for credits to reflect on your account).
- Mail your desired replacement pair. Shipping will be charged to you.